Wednesday, March 18, 2009

OH WHAT A NIGHT!

WOW!!!! OH WOW!!!! OH WOW!!! Do I have something to tell y'all. My husband could give Prince Charming lessons let me tell you. Oh, by the way, this is Lynne. Greg generally updates the blog because he has such a great way with words...big words...but let me tell y'all what else he's REALLY great at.....IT'S ROMANCE. Yesterday was our 4th Anniversary, and Greg really wanted to do something special, but his work schedule wouldn't allow it - however he did give me the most beautiful, personal, heart melting card with his special sentiment attached. BUT THEN..... Today was his day off, and we enjoyed it together - all while I bugged him to death about what he had planned for our Anniversary (celebrated a day late - that's OK).
I asked a ton of questions all day long: "where to?", "when?", "what do I wear?" and he patiently, but comically put me off.....THEN...finally, he told me it was time to get ready and to dress semi-formal. I got ready and then it was off for the VERY SPECIAL DATE. Mr. Manners opened the doors for me (but he always does that) and then after we drove a few feet, he pulled a blindfold out of his pocket.
He actually blindfolded me and told me to sit back for the ride. I really thought I knew one of two places he may take me - but BOY was I wrong. He decided to throw me, so he drove me all over town then left me in the blindfold as he walked me into the restaurant - but not before walking me through obstacles in a mini-garden just outside the restaurant. Boy was I baffled. Then he carefully guided me into the restaurant. It smelled sooooooo good. People were looking and whispering amongst themselves about me holding to Greg's arm and the blindfold I was wearing. Greg signaled for them to be quiet. . with his finger to his lips. .so he told me - because I literally couldn't see a thing.
Then I heard very romantic country music (which was a clue how much he loves me because he's really not a fan of country music all that much). Little did I know he had taken me into a private reserved room with a view. The hostess closed the door to keep out the outside noise and all the other patrons. He said I could remove the blindfold. We were all alone. He had reserved the ENTIRE DINING ROOM just for us!! It had great ambiance and like I said, smelled just wonderful. He ordered some luscious appetizers and we had a very delicious meal with such large portions that we had to bring some home with us. The restaurant's name is BACK HOME and it is housed in a two story 19th century, brick house here in Elizabethtown. . . of all places. It was built in 1872.
On the ride to the restaurant, there was such romantic music on the car stereo, and then once again on the ride home. There were sweet kisses, hand holding, sincere compliments, manners, and big smiles. I felt like a celebrity or better yet, HIS SWEETHEART. On the way out, he walked me through the pretty little garden and a sweet ride home followed. Once home, I told him I wanted us to just rest and relax the rest of the evening by kicking back and watching some NIT basketball. What a perfect evening. What a sweetheart. Better yet....WHAT A GUY!!! I adore you Greg and love you too. What a memory to add to all the other special ones you give me each day - but 'OH, WHAT A DAY AND A NIGHT' it has been. I told y' all - He's a real Prince.

1 comment:

The Loesevitz Family - said...

Aw. I don't even know what to say! I think we should do a date night, the four of us, and let Greg plan it ;-)