Friday, April 3, 2009

CHINESE VISAS, CATHERINE ZETA JONES AND THE AQUARIUM

FedEx delivered our passports with the attached Chinese Visas yesterday afternoon! As the date of our departure draws closer, we have begun to feel more and more like it's actually going to happen. One of the items I will be taking on the China vacation is my new cell phone. My Samsung slider had begun to act slightly demonic in its operation of late and since I was entitled to a full upgrade on my next phone, Lynne met me at the T-Mobile store after work one night last week. I was looking at the Blackberry phones and really liked a couple of them. . .almost picked one out, in fact. I was impressed with the Curve, the Touch-Pro and the World Edition. All are smart phones that would enable me to retain Internet, email, international calling, etc., that I currently have on my slider. But then we looked at the G1. Ah yes, the G1. This is a phone that was made for me. 3G smartphone, touch screen, 4gig micro SD card, language translator, Google Earth, hundreds of applications, GPS, Scriptures, enhanced international calling and sooooo much more. And, get this - the G1 phone...very appropriately named. G for Great and G for Greg and the number 1 for. . .well. . .you know - self explanatory. Lynne said, "I think you should get it! It has more than you'll ever need and it's never going to be at a lower price than now with your full upgrade. . . besides, I'll bet Catherine has one. . yeah, you should definitely get it." That was the clincher. Not Lynne's ringing product endorsement, but the fact that 'Catherine probably has one'. That would be Catherine Zeta Jones, the spokesperson for T-Mobile and the primary reason I went with them as a carrier eight years ago. Their quality and coverage has been outstanding. I have not had, let alone voiced, a single complaint to T-Mobile in eight years. Their service is stellar and the quality speaks for itself. But, come on, Catherine Zeta Jones? That was the kicker. Who in their right mind could refuse to at least investigate a product she was hawking? I mean, did you see her in 'Entrapment' sliding underneath those laser beams? Catherine Zeta Jones and Sophia Loren (no explanation required) are the only two women that Lynne has consented to allow me 'drool-time'. The only two for obvious reasons - not the least of which is the fact that I will never be any closer to either of them than the Movie screen or the flat panel HDTV at home. You see, the way it works is Lynne allows me this (Catherine and Sophia), I graciously allow her Sean Connery, Dermot Mulroney and a couple of other beefcakes. Heh, heh. . .works out fine for each of us.
Since I had today off, we headed for the Northern Kentucky /Cincinnati area for our date night- date day thingie. We spent most of the day at the Newport Aquarium and had a fantastic meal at Mitchell's Fish Market at Newport On The Levee. Great food. . .and somewhat ironic in that first we look at all the aquatic life at the Newport Aquarium. . .then we go next door and EAT their relatives. I took about a hundred pictures. Here are thirty or so in a quickie slideshow.

No comments: