Sunday, December 14, 2008

AROUND THE WORLD IN PRIMARY

Maria Craig, the ward Primary President, called last week to ask if I could come into Primary today and take a few minutes to talk about China. The Primary children have been doing the "Book of Mormon Around the World" program and today they visited and learned about the members of the church in China. Lynne and I went into the Primary room for the last 15 minutes of class today and displayed some of the items like chopsticks, fans, cork-carvings, pictures, etc., that I brought back from China. We had a blast.
The kids were amazed that Chinese books of scripture (all books really) are read from the back to the front and from the top to the bottom. We taught them how to say, "Good Morning" in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and a few other simple phrases. I love those little dudes (and dudettes). I think my assistant (Lynne) had the most fun. She paraded the items around the classroom while I was teaching the kids and teachers how to speak Chinese. Later tonight, our home teacher said that his five year old son Jonah was going on about how the Hutchens were talking in 'funny Chinese' in Primary today.
Always good to know that you've made a lasting impression.

No comments: