Sunday, November 2, 2008

KAYDEN'S GETTING A BABY BROTHER!

Kayden called again just a couple of weeks or so ago. You may remember his last phone call, wherein he made the announcement that he was going to be a 'Big Brother!' We just live for this little guy's phone calls:

"Hey, Grampa Hutch."

"Hey, Kayden! 'Sup?"

"I'm gonna have a baby brother!"

"Awesome! Wait, you already know he's a brother?"

"Yeah, I saw his picture at the doctor's office."

"Was he wearing a shirt and tie? Was he smilin' for the picture?"

"Nope. He's in mom's tummy. No shirt."

"Cool beans, Kayden."

"I used to say I was gettin' a little brother slash sister. . now I just say I'm havin' a little brother. I don't have to say slash sister anymore."

"You're alright, Kayden. Are you excited to have a little brother?"

"Yeah."

"What if it was a slash sister?"

"That's okay...it's a brother."

"Okay, Kayden. I love you man."

"I love you Grampa Hutch. . here's my mom."

That, "little brother slash sister" comment slays me. He actually was telling people that he was going to have a little brother slash sister. The little guy just blows me away. You never know what's going to pop out of his mouth next.
Cheniel's due date is still May 4th, but it may be moved up because the baby is farther along in development than anticipated for that date. We'll wait and see. Both she and Trevin are doing well and the doctors on her team say she's progressing right on schedule. That is very comforting and welcome news, coming as it does on the heels of the CRS (Congenital Rubella Syndrome) possibility that had lingered briefly just a month or so ago. Trevin. Cool name. Haven't heard it before. We like it. We hear that Trevin Gregory is even a possibility. WAY cool name. Pregnant pictures to follow as soon as we get some.

No comments: