Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cheniel emailed the above photos of Kayden and Lexxi at Lexxi's 6 year birthday bash, so I put them in a slideshow. They are cooling down in the back yard during one of the recent 100 degree (nearly) days in Salt Lake. There is a certain and substantial contentment in watching the sweet innocence of youth as it plays out during times such as these. I am swiftly and surely transported back to the golden days of the not so distant yesteryear when Tyler, Casey and Cheniel were the same age(s). Now as I watch them growing, sharing, making and building memories with their own children . . . . I realize anew how proud of them I have become. They are wonderfully attentive, loving and encouraging parents. They adore their children. They teach their children. And something else just as significant and critical . . . . they 'listen' to their children. I am grateful. I am inspired by them. I am moved by their love, their compassion and their capacity for ensuring that their kids' lives will be filled with wonderful times and memories of family . . together. Their children are bright, inquisitive, eager to learn and filled with imagination. They are tender-hearted and trusting. They care for and look out for each other. You need only watch Nick as he spends time with Lily and Andrew. He is extremely loving and protective of his brother and sister. Sometimes Kayden and Lexxi will say things that make so much sense, I wonder if they are really that intuitive and sharp or if I'm simply that stupid. As I think about it, I realize that despite (in spite of) being my offspring, my children have become and continue to be fairly normal, happy, giving and loving people. Cool.

No comments: