Sunday, April 6, 2008

WE ENTER THE BLOGOSPHERE

Like many of our friends and family, Lynne and I have finally decided to take the plunge and enter into the world wide arena of blogging. Lynne's son Michael and his wife Amber have a blog that they update on a regular basis. Additionally, my son Tyler and his wife Kim have recently introduced us to their blog. We will provide links to these and other blogs as we receive them and we encourage you to provide us with your blog adresses so that we may all keep in touch with the comings and goings of one another. This is an endeavor I undertake with some amount of trepidation due in large measure to my lack of expertise in these areas. Therefore, I'm not quite certain how often, regular or reliable the frequency of these postings will occur. But this I do know, once you get me started talking, (writing) it's usually difficult to get me stopped. I began a short-lived Myspaces page while I was recently living and teaching in China. In the body of that site there are literally hundreds of pictures of my students, the university, the landscape and sights of Beijing, Chengde, greater Hebei Province and many other things. There are photos of Lynne's and my wedding; my daughter Cheniel and her husband Jeremy's wedding and reception; fun times in Utah and Idaho with all of the grandkids and kids. There are also photos from my brother Kurt's funeral service and luncheon. I am also including that (Myspace) link to this blog if any of you would like to hop over there and look at any or all of those photos. There are also some fantastic shots of the Great Wall, the Forbidden City and much, much more. By the way, I really enjoy using this photo of me because it is more than two years old, recalls a time when I was much more svelte and Lynne said she really 'digs' the goatee. Besides, as you will soon discover, there will be more than a few photographs of me that are not nearly as flattering, so. . . please, indulge me in this bit of narcissistic license.

No comments: